Ambition Nutrition 2018
Bridging the gap between nutritional science and the culinary arts
This year’s theme: “Bringing It Home”
Join academic professionals, dietitians, culinary experts, and industry leaders for an interactive day filled with discussions, workshops and presentations. Ambition Nutrition 2018 will focus on nutrition in theory and practice, examining the gaps and opportunities that exist between research, education, nutrition, diet, and culinary arts.
Our theme this year is Bringing it Home, which will explore and reveal how to “bring print to plate” for your clients, patients and families. We promise an even more exceptional, tastier and engaging day! Ambition Nutrition returns on Wednesday, May 16, 2018.
Your Symposium Pass admission includes a copy of Always Delicious: Over 175 Satisfying Recipes to Conquer Cravings, Retrain Your Fat Cells, and Keep the Weight Off Permanently by David S. Ludwig, MD, PhD, and Chef Dawn Ludwig.
Announcing Breakout Sessions
This year, attendees will choose two of these three breakout sessions to participate in at Ambition Nutrition 2018:
- Don’t Butcher Your Grains
Learn about different culinary techniques, such as home butchery, and navigate the nutrition and cooking of ancient grains.
- Power Your Life With Plants
Delve into the nutritional properties of plants and offer easy instructions for homemade plant-based drinks.
- Going Nuts for Cheese
Explore the decadent world of traditional cheeses and the rising popularity of nut cheeses. How do they compare from taste to nutrition?
Ambition Nutrition attendees will also be treated to a special luncheon sponsored by Foods & Wines from Spain, featuring Spanish wines, an almuerzon — tapas, cheeses, nuts, and olives — and your choice of entrée:
- Traditional Vegetarian Paella
- Cedar Plank Salmon with Maple and Smoky Red Pepper Glaze
- Pulled Chicken with Ancho and Guajillo Mole and Black Beans
Breakfast and snacks will also be served. Attendees will receive a BPA-free metal water bottle.
7 CE Points
CSNM Competency Allocation
- Creating Better Food Policy: The Need for Connection — 4.0 Nutrition
- Be The Boss. Own Your Kitchen — 6.0 Human Resources Management
- Nutrition in Real Life — 1.0 Professionalism
- From Always Hungry? to Always Delicious — 3.0 Nutrition and Healthy Living
- Don’t Butcher Your Cheese — 5.0 Food Service Management
- Power Your Life With Plants — 5.0 Food Service Management
- Going Nuts for Cheese — 5.0 Food Service Management